Each fall, thousands of NFTY alumni make their way onto college campuses across North America to begin a new school year. Whether it’s a first-year student finding their way to class, or a confident senior settled into their home for their last year, NFTY alums are everywhere and they’re making an impact on their campuses and the world. Campus Connectors, the leadership of the NFTY Alumni Network on campus, provide these thousands of alums with the resources, support, and networks to succeed on campus and find their connection to Jewish life. They ensure that the magic of NFTY never truly ends.
Sound exciting to you? Read below for more information and apply for 2017-2018 Campus Connectors!
- A sophomore, junior, or senior in college/university during the 2017-2018 school year
- An alum of NFTY or other URJ Youth Program (Camp, NFTY in Israel, Mitzvah Corps)
- Well-connected and integrated with Jewish life in your community
- Your friends describe you as fun, engaging, and exciting to be around
- Knowledgeable about your campus and what makes it special
- Passionate about helping people connect to community and meaning in their lives
- Create and develop personal relationships with NFTY alums on campus
- Serve as a “concierge” to other NFTY alums on campus, connecting them to Jewish programs and opportunities
- Provide information to NFTYites who may be prospective students of your campus
Connector Action Items:
- Take NFTY alums out to lunch or a cup of coffee
- Host a “NFTY Alumni Shabbat Dinner” on your campus
- Recruit NFTY alums on your campus to sign-up for a URJ Kesher Birthright Trip (you will receive $30 per student who registers)
- Write 1 blog for the NFTY Alumni Blog sharing your experiences as a NFTY alum on campus
- Participate in a monthly webinar series giving you additional tools, information, and connections to succeed as a Campus Connector
- Coordinate with the NFTY Alumni Team on special visits to your campus from URJ and NFTY Leadership
What you get from this experience:
- Professional and leadership mentorship from URJ and NFTY staff members
- Training on peer engagement and relationship building strategies
- Connections to Jewish programs, opportunities, and leaders in your area
- Build community on your campus and meet other NFTY alums
This sounds awesome! What’s next?
Complete the Campus Connector Application by Sunday, April 30th. We’ll notify you by the end of May and provide you with more information about getting started in August!
Have more questions? Get in touch with the Alumni team!